Re: basebackups during ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE ... not safe?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: basebackups during ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE ... not safe?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-01-22 22:58:17 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> Because the way it currently works is a major crock. It's more luck than
> anything that it actually somewhat works. We normally rely on WAL to
> bring us into a consistent state. But around CREATE/MOVE/DROP DATABASE
> we've ignored that.

Hah: There's even a comment about some of the existing dangers:     *     * In PITR replay, the first of these isn't an
issue,and the second     * is only a risk if the CREATE DATABASE and subsequent template     * database change both
occurwhile a base backup is being taken.     * There doesn't seem to be much we can do about that except document     *
itas a limitation.     *     * Perhaps if we ever implement CREATE DATABASE in a less cheesy way,     * we can avoid
this.
only that it has never been documented as a limitation to my knowledge...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services