Re: pg_upgrade and rsync

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and rsync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 2015-01-23 13:52:54 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > That wouldn't actually help with what Bruce is trying to do, which
> > is to duplicate the results of the pg_upgrade from the master over to
> > the standby.
>
> Well, it'd pretty much obliviate the need to run pg_upgrade on the
> standby. As there's no renamed files you don't need to muck around with
> leaving hardlinks in place and such just so that rsync recognizes
> unchanged files.

Uh, pg_upgrade always either creates a hard link tree or copies
everything over.  If I follow what you're suggesting, pg_upgrade would
need a new 'in-place' mode that removes all of the catalog tables from
the old cluster and puts the new catalog tables into place and leaves
everything else alone.

I don't really think I'd want to go there either..
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: basebackups during ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE ... not safe?
Сообщение: Re: basebackups during ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE ... not safe?