Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Disable -faggressive-loop-optimizations in gcc 4.8+ for pre-9.2

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Disable -faggressive-loop-optimizations in gcc 4.8+ for pre-9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:

> > Would anybody object to me pushing this commit to branches 8.2 and 8.3?
>
> Since those branches are out of support, I am not sure what the point
> is.  If we want people to be able to use those branches reasonably we
> need to back-port fixes for critical security and stability issues,
> not just this one thing.
>
> But maybe I am missing something.

I just want to make it easy to compile those branches with current
toolset so that I can study their behavior to suggest workarounds for
customer problems etc -- nothing more.  I am not proposing to open them
up again for support.  Of course, I can carry the patched branches
locally if there is strong opposition, but since it's harmless, I don't
see why would there be any such.  Another easy workaround is to add -O0
to CFLAGS, and I can script that easily too.

Without this patch or -O0, initdb fails with

inicializando pg_authid ... FATAL:  wrong number of index expressions
SENTENCIA:  CREATE TRIGGER pg_sync_pg_database   AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON pg_database   FOR EACH STATEMENT
EXECUTEPROCEDURE flatfile_update_trigger();

There is the additional problem that contrib/cube fails to compile, but
I don't care enough about that one:

/pgsql/source/REL8_3_STABLE/contrib/cube/cubeparse.y:61:17: error: ‘result’ undeclared (first use in this function)
*((void**)result) = write_box( dim, $2, $4 );                ^