Re: Overhauling our interrupt handling

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Overhauling our interrupt handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

> > I think I should finilize my commitfest item for this issue, with
> > .. "Rejected"?
>
> Fine with me.

done.

> > > 0001: Replace walsender's latch with the general shared latch.
> > >
> > >       New patch that removes ImmediateInteruptOK behaviour from walsender. I
> > >       think that's a rather good idea, because walsender currently seems to
> > >       assume WaitLatchOrSocket is reentrant - which I don't think is really
> > >       guaranteed.
> > >       Hasn't been reviewed yet, but I think it's not far from being
> > >       committable.
> >
> > Deesn't this patchset containing per-socket basis non-blocking
> > control for win32? It should make the code (above the win32
> > socket layer itself) more simpler.
>
> I don't think so - we still rely on it unfortunately.

Does "it" mean win32_noblock?  Or the nonblocking bare win32
socket? The win32-per-sock-blkng-cntl patch in the below message
should cover both of them.

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54060AE5.5020502@vmware.com

If you are saying it should be a patch separate from this, I'll
do so.

regareds,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi