Re: [BUGS] BUG #12070: hstore extension: hstore_to_json_loose produces invalid JSON

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #12070: hstore extension: hstore_to_json_loose produces invalid JSON
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:56:48AM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 11/30/14 11:45 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The "API break" isn't a big issue imo.  The net effect would be that eg
> > hstore 9.3.6 wouldn't work against a 9.3.5 server.  We do that sort of
> > thing *all the time* --- at least twice in the past year, according to
> > a quick scan of the commit logs.  If you were changing or removing a
> > function that third-party code might depend on, it'd be problematic,
> > but an addition has no such risk.
>
> This sort of things is actually a bit of an annoyance, because it means
> that for minor-version upgrades, you need to stop the server before
> unpacking the new version, otherwise the old running server will try to
> load the new hstore module and fail with a symbol lookup.  This can
> increase the downtime significantly.
>
> Yes, we've done this before, and people have gotten bitten by it before.

Uh, do we ever support installing new binaries while the server is
running?  I would hope not.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Сообщение: Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop