Re: orangutan seizes up during isolation-check

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: orangutan seizes up during isolation-check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 04:48:53PM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> What I'm seeing now is that the unaccent regression tests when run under
> make check-world abort with
>
> FATAL:  postmaster became multithreaded during startup
> HINT:  Set the LC_ALL environment variable to a valid locale.

contrib/unaccent/Makefile sets NO_LOCALE=1, so that makes sense.  I expect the
patch over here will fix it:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150109063015.GA2491320@tornado.leadboat.com

> The behavior is also a bit strange.  The step
>
> ============== starting postmaster                    ==============
>
> hangs for one minute before failing.  This probably has nothing to do
> with your change, but maybe pg_regress could detect postmaster startup
> failures better.

Yeah, I think any postmaster startup failure has that effect.  Not ideal.