Re: pg_rewind in contrib

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pg_rewind in contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-01-09 10:48:39 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> It would nevertheless be handy to be able to do more stuff in a replication
> connection. For example, you might want to run functions like
> pg_create_restore_point(), pg_xlog_replay_pause/resume etc. in a replication
> connection. We should extend the replication protocol to allow such things.
> I'm not sure what it would look like; we can't run arbitrary queries when
> not being connected to a database, or arbitrary functions, but there are a
> lot of functions that would make sense.

Well, it's possible now to have replication connections connect to a
database if you choose now (replication=database dbname=...). We could
just add e.g. the fastpath function interface and add allow a couple of
builtin functions to be called. That'd probably be fairly simple.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services