Re: Async execution of postgres_fdw.

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Async execution of postgres_fdw.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

> - The issue of PREPARE is not addressed yet.

> > In case of Prepared statements, ExecInit is called at the end of planning,
> > without subsequent execution like the case of EXPLAIN. I see that the patch
> > handles EXPLAIN well, but I didn't see any specific code for PREPARE.
>
> I'll look into the case after this, but I'd like to send a
> revised patch at this point.

Mmm.. CreateExecutorState() looks to be called when calculating
the expression in predicates, clauses, or EXECUTE parameters. All
of these complete SQL execution if any. And I couldn't make the
situation you mentioned.

Could you give me an example or illustration about such a
situation where ExecInit alone is called without
IterateForeignScan?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi