Re: libpq 9.4 requires /etc/passwd?

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: libpq 9.4 requires /etc/passwd?
Дата
Re: libpq 9.4 requires /etc/passwd?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Tom Lane 2015-01-10 <22432.1420915326@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> So what I propose we do with this is patch HEAD and 9.4 only.
> We need to do *something* in 9.4 to address Christoph's complaint, and
> that branch is new enough that we can probably get away with changing
> officially-unsupported APIs.  The lack of other field complaints makes
> me okay with not trying to fix these issues further back.

The problem isn't present in 9.3 and earlier (at least with
postfix-pgsql), so there's no need to go back further.

As for the number of complaints, I've received two independent reports
on IRC, and upon googling the problem had been seen as early as in
July [1] and August [2]. All four reports are for postfix-pgsql on
Debian, but that's probably just because we pushed 9.4 into the
next-release branch very early. (And I wish someone had told me about
the problem, instead of only reporting it for postfix...)

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756627
[2] https://workaround.org/comment/3415#comment-3415

Christoph
--