Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter,

* Peter Geoghegan (pg@heroku.com) wrote:
> For column level privileges, you wouldn't expect to only get an error
> about not having the relevant update permissions at runtime, when the
> update path happens to be taken. And so it is for RLS.

Right, that's the precedent we should be considering.  Column-level
privileges is a great example- you need both insert and update
privileges for the columns involved for the command to succeed.  It
shouldn't depend on which path actually ends up being taken.
Thanks!
    Stephen