Re: Compression of full-page-writes

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> To be specific, desirable in streaming replication scenarios that don't
> use SSL compression.  (What percentage is that?)  It is something we
> should mention in the docs for this feature?

Considering how painful the SSL rengeotiation problems were and the CPU
overhead, I'd be surprised if many high-write-volume replication
environments use SSL at all.

There's a lot of win to be had from compression of FPWs, but it's like
most compression in that there are trade-offs to be had and environments
where it won't be a win, but I believe those cases to be the minority.
Thanks,
    Stephen