Re: Compression of full-page-writes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan  2, 2015 at 06:11:29PM +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> > My negativity is not that I don't want it, but I want to understand why
> > it isn't better than I remembered.  You are basically telling me it was
> > always a marginal win.  :-(  Boohoo!
>
> No, I didn't. I told you that *IN ONE BENCHMARK* wal writes apparently
> are not the bottleneck.

What I have not seen is any recent benchmarks that show it as a win,
while the original email did, so I was confused.  I tried to explain
exactly how I viewed things  --- you can not like it, but that is how I
look for upcoming features, and where we should focus our time.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Сообщение: Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Сообщение: Re: Compression of full-page-writes