Re: Compression of full-page-writes

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-01-02 11:52:42 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Why are we not seeing the 33% compression and 15% performance
> improvement he saw?  What am I missing here?

To see performance improvements something needs to be the bottleneck. If
WAL writes/flushes aren't that in the tested scenario, you won't see a
performance benefit. Amdahl's law and all that.

I don't understand your negativity about the topic.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Сообщение: Re: Compression of full-page-writes