Re: problems with the instalation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problems with the instalation
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Margarita Barvinok <brita@umich.edu> writes:
> I believe you should install perl as root, or at least you should have
> permission to write to directories you install perl into.

I don't think that's his problem, because he's not even getting through
the first stage of the build:

>> ------------
>> Configuring Pg
>> Remember to actually read the README file !
>> OS: linux
>> Checking if your kit is complete...
>> Looks good
>> Writing Makefile for Pg
>> Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp: Permission denied at (eval 1) line 625.

It looks like he doesn't have write permission on the directory
containing the source files (src/interfaces/perl5), which would seem
pretty odd if he is running as the postgres user.

However I wonder what is really going on here, because the first three
lines quoted above do not come out of perl when I run "perl Makefile.PL".
I think there is another layer of software involved here that may be
messing things up...