Re: ctrl+C

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ctrl+C
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kathy Zhu <Kathy.Zhu@Sun.COM> writes:
> After I do psql, if I hit ctrl+C, it will terminate postmaster.

It sounds like you've launched the postmaster from the same shell you
are running psql in, and the shell thinks that the postmaster is still
part of the process group it should kill on control-C.

You didn't say what OS this is, but you probably need one or both of:

* launch the postmaster from a different shell process (making a script
to launch it will fix this);

* make sure postmaster's stdin, stdout, stderr are all redirected away
from the terminal.