Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/postmaster postmaster.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/postmaster postmaster.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> How about this:

> elog(xxx, "whatever process (pid %d) terminated abnormally (%s)", formatExitStatus(exit_status));

> where formatExitStatus() returns either of

> "exit status 77"
> "signal 11"

But exit status 0 is not abnormal.  I guess in the CleanupProc case
you could leave out the word "abnormally" and just say terminated (%s).

> I see you already made some changes.  Sorry that it took me a while to
> respond, but I can make these changes if we can agree.

I took your lack of comment as assent ... if you want to change it as
above, I won't object, but I think what's there now is workable as long
as the translator understands that the two sets of messages go together.