Re: pgsql: Use TypeName to represent type names in certain commands

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Use TypeName to represent type names in certain commands
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> >-                        errmsg("name list length must be %d", 1)));
> >+                        errmsg("name list length must be exactly %d", 1)));
>
> Seems silly to pass constant 1 as an argument. (Yeah, it was silly before
> this commit too.)

It seems silly, but if we had another message with a different constant,
this would make them both be a single translatable string.  I have
changed other messages in the same way, for example see the (seemingly
unrelated) change to src/backend/libpq/hba.c in 73c986adde5d73a5e2555da.

> There is one instance of the old message left in pg_get_object_address.
> Should change that too for consistency, and to reduce translation work.

Hm, I couldn't find it ... care to provide a line number?