Re: pgsql: doc: restrictions on alter database moving default tablespace

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: pgsql: doc: restrictions on alter database moving default tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 09:27:38PM -0700, David G Johnston wrote:
> Noah Misch-2 wrote
> > Here are a couple of alternatives for the documentation text:
> >
> >   The new default tablespace must not already contain any of the
> > database's
> >   objects, and no one can be connected to the database.
>
> +1; though maybe...
>
> The newly assigned default tablespace must not contain any of the specified
> database's objects but otherwise need not be empty.  Additionally, there
> must not be anyone connected to the database.
>
> This is a bit more verbose, and somewhat implied since newly created
> databases have their default set, by definition, to one hat likely already
> contains objects of other databases in the cluster, but does clarify the
> specific confusion raised here.  Re-reading I think the implicit version is
> likely sufficiently clear though.

That text, too, works for me.

> Side note: This implies you cannot change the default tablespace of the only
> database in a cluster...probably not worth mentioning in the docs though.

Agreed.

By the way, standard practice on PostgreSQL community mailing lists is to use
"reply to all".  More often than not, without that To:/Cc: directly to me, I
would never become aware of your reply.