Re: Unresolved dependency on init-system-helpers from postgresql-common

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Unresolved dependency on init-system-helpers from postgresql-common
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: To Justin Ossevoort 2014-12-18 <20141218111949.GA24581@msg.df7cb.de>
> Re: Justin Ossevoort 2014-12-18 <5492AEDA.2070409@internetionals.nl>
> > Hello,
> >
> > The postgresql-common package has been updated and received an additional
> > dependency on the 'init-system-helpers' package. This package is not
> > available under Debian Wheezy.
> >
> > We're using the postgresql packages from:
> >
> >   deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ wheezy-pgdg main
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> thanks for the report.
>
> init-system-helpers is available in wheezy-backports.
>
> That said, it wasn't really intended to make backports a dependency,
> I'll investigate if/how we can resolve that and follow up here,
> probably this evening.

Hi again,

the problem is now [*] fixed. The problem was that the pbuilder
dependency resolver thought that it would be a good idea to install
dh-systemd 1.18 from wheezy-backports while the package clearly said
it wanted dh-systemd >= 1.19. I've now ripped out that dependency from
the wheezy package (like we already do on the older Ubuntu
distributions), so there's now nothing left to be confused about.

Thanks again for the report,
Christoph

[*] well it's fixed now, but the updated packages will take about half
an hour to become visible on apt.pg.o
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/