Re: pgsql: Translation updates

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Translation updates
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Euler Taveira wrote:
> On 15-12-2014 23:07, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> >> I didn't check the other ones.  Are they not up to date?
> >
> > Well, they are now, because I committed some updates.  But as Tom
> > noticed, one commit was missing too, which is odd.  Can we have the
> > postgresql.git commit message carry the pgtranslation/messages.git
> > commit ID perhaps?
> >
> I committed [1] a few hours ago and it is not the last commit in master.
> Perhaps you did not 'git pull' my last commit and copy those other
> spanish po files from elsewhere?
>
> [1]
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgtranslation/messages.git;a=commit;h=af90b2e25e8327ba3fd7e1a6c795da63f9b0c7d3

Oh, I think I see my mistake --- I have several checked-out copies, one
which is the workspace for each branch (so I have messages-master and
messages-9.3-branch, etc back to 9.0) and a main one that receives all
the branch-specific updates before I push.  Apparently what happened is
that I created the final commit in messages-master and then pushed to
postgresql.git repo from there, and only later I ran the git push to the
main one "messages", where I found the commit you had just created.

This is very similar to what I do for the postgresql.git repo (where I
have one workspace per branch, plus one additional workspace for each
major development project I have), and one "main" copy that's the one
that get updates from gitmaster, the one I push onto, and from where I
push onto gitmaster.  The one difference is that in postgresql.git I
have a "bare mirror" repo (git clone --mirror).  I think that reduces
the likelyhood that I make mistakes of the sort I just made.

If we had a pgtranslation/messages.git commit ID in the postgresql.git
commit message, we could see whether this is what happened.  In
messages-master, I have this sequence of commits:

commit 4853d024694af32257cf061ff4f214d9dca5f106