Re: Commitfest problems

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Commitfest problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-12-12 07:10:40 -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 05:55:56PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> > > How about *you* run the next one, Tom?
> >
> > I think the limited amount of time I can put into a commitfest is
> > better spent on reviewing patches than on managing the process.
>
> With utmost respect,

FWIW, the way you frequently use this phrase doesn't come over as
actually being respectful.

> Tom, you seem to carve off an enormous amount of
> time to follow -bugs and -general.  What say you unsubscribe to those
> lists for the duration of your tenure as CFM?

And why on earth would that be a good idea? These bugs need to be fixed
- we're actually behind on that front. Are we now really trying to
dictate how other developers manage their time? It's one thing to make
up rules that say "one review for one commit" or something, it's
something entirely else to try to assign tasks to them.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: moving from contrib to bin
Сообщение: Re: moving from contrib to bin