Re: BUG #11986: psql uses pager inside Emacs shell buffer (not a terminal)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #11986: psql uses pager inside Emacs shell buffer (not a terminal)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Francisco Olarte wrote:

> I've been making some tests with emacs shell mode, and it seems less does
> not work ( expected ) and more works partially ( it seems in shell mode
> emacs does whole lines only, so \040 does not work ). The ONLY problem I
> see with psql is that the more/less usage as default pager seems to be
> undocumented ( I mean, I have not bien able to find it without resorting to
> the source code ).

Do we really hardcode more/less?  I thought we just used whatever $PAGER
is set to.  I just tried
PAGER=most psql

and indeed it uses most rather than less.

BTW another thing you could try is
export PAGER=cat
from within Emacs.

As for Win32 users,