Re: [general] Encrypting/Decryption

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: [general] Encrypting/Decryption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:53:43 +0530
VENKTESH GUTTEDAR <venkteshguttedar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     As i am new to postgresql and django. please help me to acheive the
> following.
>
>     I have created a database with some tables and i want to encrypt the
> data in database tables, so please someone guide me how to do it.?
>
>     i want to encrypt the data and also decrypt through django, so tell me
> which is right way either to use pgcrypto or pycryto,
>     i am not understanding neither of them. please help.

I have seen cryptography implemented badly (and by badly, I mean that the
cryptography is just as unsecured as if it wasn't encrypted).

The way in which you're asking leads me to believe that you have a LOT to
learn before you can properly implement cryptographic storage. I recommend
you take a step back and consider the fact that you're far better off
doing the research until you know enough to pick between pgcrypto and
pycrypto on your own.

--
Bill Moran
I need your help to succeed: