Re: [HACKERS] Pipelining executions to postgresql server

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Pipelining executions to postgresql server
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 2014-11-01 14:04:05 +0000, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:
> I created a proof of concecpt patch for postgresql JDBC driver that
> allows the caller to do pipelining of requests within a
> transaction. The pipelining here means same as for HTTP: the client
> can send the next execution already before waiting for the response of
> the previous request to be fully processed.

Slightly confused here. To my knowledge the jdbc driver already employs
some pipelining? There's some conditions where it's disabled (IIRC
RETURNING for DML is one of them), but otherwise it's available.

I'm very far from a pgjdbc expert, but that's what I gathered from the
code when investigating issues a while back and from my colleague Craig.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Pipelining executions to postgresql server
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Pipelining executions to postgresql server