Re: alter user/role CURRENT_USER

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: alter user/role CURRENT_USER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Kevin Grittner (kgrittn@ymail.com) wrote:
> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> > You can still double-quote reserved words and use them in general.  What
> > we're talking about here are cases where a word can't be used even if
> > it's double-quoted, and we try really hard to keep those cases at an
> > absolute minimum.  We should also really be keeping a list of those
> > cases somewhere, now that I think about it..
>
> It is very important that a quoted identifier not be treated as a
> keyword.  I would be very interested in seeing that list, and in
> ensuring that it doesn't get any longer.

It's object specific and not handled through the grammar, so that gets
pretty annoying. :/

The ones I could find by a quick look through backend/commands are:

roles public none

schemas pg_*

operator => (throws a warning at least)

There may be other cases that my quick review didn't find, of course.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: WIP: Access method extendability
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Access method extendability