Re: superuser() shortcuts

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: superuser() shortcuts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> For one I'm less than convinced that the new messages are an
> improvement. They seem to be more verbose without a corresponding
> improvement in clarity.

The goal with the changes is to improve consistency of messaging.  These
messages are not at all consistent today.  Personally, I like the idea
of being clear in the main errmsg() that these are permission denied
errors, but we could go the other way and change all the existing
messages which say 'permission denied' to only say 'you have to be
superuser or have X' instead and expect folks to realize it's a
permission denied error from the SQL error code..

> For another I don't see any need to rush this into 9.4.

Ok.
Thanks!
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [WIP Patch] Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates
Сообщение: Re: [WIP Patch] Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates