Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions
Дата
Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions
Список pgsql-hackers
* Peter Eisentraut (peter_e@gmx.net) wrote:
> On 10/16/14 12:01 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > This started out as a request for a non-superuser to be able to review
> > the log files without needing access to the server.
>
> I think that can be done with a security-definer function.

Of course it can be.  We could replace the entire authorization system
with security definer functions too.  I don't view this as an argument
against this feature, particularly as we know other systems have it,
users have asked for multiple times, and large PG deployments have had
to hack around our lack of it.
Thanks,
    Stephen