Re: Proposal: Log inability to lock pages during vacuum

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Proposal: Log inability to lock pages during vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-10-20 19:18:31 -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
> In the meantime, I think it's worth adding this logging. If in fact this basically never happens (the current
assumption),it doesn't hurt anything. If it turns out our assumption is wrong, then we'll actually be able to fin> that
out.:)

It does happen, and not infrequently. Just not enough pages to normally
cause significant bloat. The most likely place where it happens is very
small tables that all connections hit with a high frequency. Starting to
issue high volume log spew for a nonexistant problem isn't helping.

If you're super convinced this is urgent then add it as a *single*
datapoint inside the existing messages. But I think there's loads of
stuff in vacuum logging that are more important this.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Log inability to lock pages during vacuum
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Add launchd Support