Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-10-19 12:26:24 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> Not sure how we get there without writing our own diff engine though :-(.
>
> (Note that after a bit of looking around, it seems like it might not be
> that hard to do something like this in Perl.  Perl is already
> nearly-required for building from source, could we require it for running
> the regression tests?  Though we'd also need you to install
> Algorithm::Diff or suchlike, which I think isn't in a basic Perl install.)

I personally don't mind that. but if we think it's a problem, we could
quite easily embed a copy of Algorithm::Diff - easy enough with perl.

If we feel the need, we could enable the feature optionally using
resultmap. That way regression tests wouldn't get detected optionally.

I still think that reducing the need for having to do this is a good
idea, having to manually edit regression output to add regexes will be a
PITA.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services