Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition - v0.9

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition - v0.9
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Robert,

On 2014-10-08 16:01:53 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> [ comment fixes ]

Thanks, I've incorporated these + a bit more.

Could you otherwise make sense of the explanation and the algorithm?

> +            /* yipeyyahee */
>
> Although this will be clear to individuals with a good command of
> English, I suggest avoiding such usages.

I've removed them with a heavy heart. These are heartfelt emotions from
getting the algorithm to work.... (:P)

I've attached these fixes + the removal of spinlocks around releaseOK as
follow up patches. Obviously they'll be merged into the other patch, but
sounds useful to be able see them separately.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения