Re: Aussie timezone database changes incoming

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Aussie timezone database changes incoming
Дата
Re: Aussie timezone database changes incoming
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct  4, 2014 at 02:21:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> >> Indeed, this has been a pain in the ass for a long long time.
>
> > It's good news that people think this will be an improvement.
>
> > I've not dug into the change details to be sure, but I think probably
> > I was overthinking it upthread.  We seem to already have some of the
> > new abbreviations installed, and the other ones do not conflict with
> > anything.  So we'll just add them and be happy.  What we should do
> > with the "Australia" abbreviations file is re-document it as being
> > appropriate for historical usage only.  Anyone who's got that
> > selected will continue to see the behavior they did before.
>
> I've committed changes for this in advance of the upcoming 9.4beta3
> release.  Hopefully, if this is seriously bad for anyone, we'll hear
> about it from beta testers before it gets into any official back-branch
> releases.

The changes for the Russian Federation timezones taking effect October
26 reinforces our need to get a new set of minor releases out soon.  In
fact, those storing future dates might already need those updates.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +