Re: Fixed xloginsert_locks for 9.4

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Fixed xloginsert_locks for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct  3, 2014 at 08:04:08PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, Oct  4, 2014 at 01:57:01AM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> > >
> > > Good point: independently of all else, it's a bit late to be adding new
> > > features to 9.4.
> >
> > This is getting absurd. The feature was there three days ago.
>
> My point is we have to have in there/decide by Monday or it isn't going
> to be in 9.4.  I am unclear how we can resolve all the concerns about
> its addition in that short of a time.

Actually, another issue is that we were only able to remove
xloginsert_locks this week because we are forcing an initdb for
9.4beta3.  If we had not, I am not sure how we would have removed this
undocumented setting, except to tell beta users to remove it from their
postgresql.conf file after we removed it from the server.  This seems
sloppy --- we should have addressed this (documented it or removed it)
before beta1.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +