Re: Fixed xloginsert_locks for 9.4

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Fixed xloginsert_locks for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct  3, 2014 at 07:39:25PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> I do not disagree with you fundamentally here: this *is* worth
> refining further, for sure, and the gains might be even greater if
> that keeps going.  My guess is just that the Postgres community
> would not get a net benefit chasing that as a GUC in 9.4, not by the
> time you try to account for all the future overhead and risk that
> adds to the release.  That was Heikki's gut feel on this when he
> yanked it out already; I was mainly trying to do sanity checking on
> that.  You've made a good case that wasn't the ideal answer.  Even
> with that new data, I still don't think it was a outright bad
> decision though--especially not in an October where there's no new
> version out yet.  This thread spun out of Open Items, and cutting
> complexity should be the preferred direction for everything left on
> there now.

Agreeed.  Also, reality check --- we can't change postgresql.conf easily
without an initdb, and I think our last 9.4 initdb is going to be
9.4beta3, which is going to be packaged on Monday.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Сообщение: Re: Fixed xloginsert_locks for 9.4
Сообщение: Re: Fixed xloginsert_locks for 9.4