Re: Planning for Scalability

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: Planning for Scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 10:55:04AM +0200, Roberto Grandi wrote:
> Dear Pg people,
>
> I would ask for your help considering this scaling issue. We are planning to move from 3Millions of events/day
instanceof postgres (8 CPU, 65 gb ram) to 5 millions of items/day.
> What do you suggest in order to plan this switch? Add separate server? Increase RAM? Use SSD?
>
> Any real help will be really precious and appreciated.
> Roberto

Hi Roberto,

This change is within a factor of 2 of your existing load. I would start with
analyzing the load on your existing system to determine where your bottlenecks
are. 5M/day is 57/sec evenly distributed or 174/sec in an 8 hour period. This
does not seems like a lot, but you have given us no details on your actual
workload.

Regards,
Ken