Re: Per table autovacuum vacuum cost limit behaviour strange

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Per table autovacuum vacuum cost limit behaviour strange
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> So in essence what we're going to do is that the balance mechanism
> considers only tables that don't have per-table configuration options;
> for those that do, we will use the values configured there without any
> changes.
>
> I'll see about implementing this and making sure it finds its way to
> 9.4beta3.

Here's a patch that makes it work as proposed.

How do people feel about back-patching this?  On one hand it seems
there's a lot of fear of changing autovacuum behavior in back branches,
because for many production systems it has carefully been tuned; on the
other hand, it seems hard to believe that anyone has tuned the system to
work sanely given how insanely per-table options behave in the current
code.

Вложения