Re: json (b) and null fields

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: json (b) and null fields
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> +1.  I am sort of surprised that anyone things this null-stripping
> behavior is something that ought to be part of core PostgreSQL instead
> of, I don't know, relegated to an extension somewhere far from the
> bright center of the galaxy.  I've never heard of that requirement
> anywhere but here.  But if other people feel we should have it, that's
> fine - but certainly making it a separate function makes a lot more
> sense.

I'm not at all surprised by the request, and I do believe it to be
worthwhile to have in core as it's a pretty common pattern with JSON.
That said, making it part of an operator function wasn't the right
approach and it should be an independent function.

Once I've caught up on things this morning, I'll revert the original
commit and ping Pavel about an alternative implementation, with an
independent function, which also handles complex JSON (unless anyone
else wants to volunteer to work on it..).
Thanks,
    Stephen