Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Heikki Linnakangas (hlinnakangas@vmware.com) wrote:
> On 09/26/2014 05:20 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >   Note that the entire failing tuple is returned, including the
> >   'password' column, even though the 'alice' user does not have select
> >   rights on that column.
>
> Is there similar problems with unique or exclusion constraints?

That's certainly an excellent question..  I'll have to go look.

> >   The detail information is useful for debugging, but I believe we have
> >   to remove it from the error message.
> >
> >   Barring objections, and in the hopes of getting the next beta out the
> >   door soon, I'll move forward with this change and back-patch it to
> >   9.4 after a few hours
>
> What exactly are you going to commit? Did you forget to attach a patch?

I had, but now it seems like it might be insufficient anyway..  Let me
go poke at the unique constraint question.

> >(or I can do it tomorrow if there is contention;
> >   I don't know what, if any, specific plans there are for the next beta,
> >   just that it's hopefully 'soon').
>
> Probably would be wise to wait 'till tomorrow; there's no need to rush this.

Sure, works for me.

Would be great to get an idea of when the next beta is going to be cut,
if there's been any thought to that..
Thanks,
    Stephen