Re: deadlock of lock-waits (on transaction and on tuple) using same update statement

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: deadlock of lock-waits (on transaction and on tuple) using same update statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrej Vanek wrote:
> Hi,
>

> now I've checked release-notes of 9.3.5 (my version 9.3.4)- found a fix
> which probably could lead to my deadlocks:
>
> > Fix race condition when updating a tuple concurrently locked by another
> > process (Andres Freund,Álvaro Herrera)
>
> How can I make sure I've run into this bug?

Update and see if you can reproduce the bug there.  If you can, let us
know; I didn't trace through your example and won't unless you confirm
it's still an issue.

It's a bad idea to run any 9.3 version other than the latest one.  There
are some ugly bugs in there.