Re: missing isinf declaration on solaris

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: missing isinf declaration on solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:

> > AFAIK we cannot move all the way to C99, because MSVC doesn't support
> > it.
>
> FWIW, msvc has supported a good part of C99 for long while. There's bits
> and pieces it doesn't, but it's not things I think we're likely to
> adopt. The most commonly complained about one is C99 variable
> declarations. I can't see PG adopting that tomorrow.

I got unlucky that I got bitten by precisely that missing feature twice,
I guess.

> From VS 2013 onwards they're trying hard to be C99 and C11 compatible.

Sounds great.  Is VS2013 released already?  If so, maybe we can think
about moving to C99 in 2016 or so; at least assuming you can build for
older Windows versions with the new compiler.