Re: a fast bloat measurement tool (was Re: Measuring relation free space)

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: a fast bloat measurement tool (was Re: Measuring relation free space)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2014-09-24 11:09:24 +0200, andres@2ndquadrant.com wrote:

> Why not add it to the stattuple extension, but as an independent
> function (and file)?

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll do that.

> I think it's completely unacceptable to copy a visibility routine.

OK. Which visibility routine should I use, and should I try to create a
variant that doesn't set hint bits?

I don't have any reasoning for why it's safe to not hold a content lock.
If there is one, I need help to find it. If not, I'll acquire a content
lock. (If anyone can explain why it isn't safe, I would appreciate it.)

-- Abhijit

Сообщение: Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Сообщение: Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.