Re: better atomics - v0.6

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: better atomics - v0.6
Дата
Re: better atomics - v0.6  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've finally managed to incorporate (all the?) feedback I got for
0.5. Imo the current version looks pretty good.

Most notable changes:
* Lots of comment improvements
* code moved out of storage/ into port/
* separated the s_lock.h changes into its own commit
* merged i386/amd64 into one file
* fixed lots of the little details Amit noticed
* fixed lots of XXX/FIXMEs
* rebased to today's master
* tested various gcc/msvc versions
* extended the regression tests
* ...

The patches:
0001: The actual atomics API
0002: Implement s_lock.h support ontop the atomics API. Existing
      implementations continue to be used unless
      FORCE_ATOMICS_BASED_SPINLOCKS is defined
0003-0005: Not proposed for review here. Just included because code
     actually using the atomics make testing them easier.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения