Should we excise the remnants of borland cc support?

От Andres Freund
Тема Should we excise the remnants of borland cc support?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

At the moment there's some rememnants of support for borland CC. I don't
believe it's likely that any of it still works. I can't remember ever
seing a buildfarm animal running it either - not surprising it's ~15
years since the last release.
Since there's both msvc and mingw support for windows builds - borlands
only platform - I see little point in continuing to support it.

The reason I'm wondering is that the atomics patch cargo cults forward
some stuff specific to borland and I'd rather not do that. And I'd
rather be explicit about stopping to do so than slyly doing it.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services