Re: Triggers with DO functionality

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Triggers with DO functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-09-16 13:42:22 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> > > The function can't be the target of CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION.
> >
> > That *really* sucks. To the point of making the feature useless in my
> > eyes. That's really something frequently done.
> >

> Why not CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER?  Wouldn't the function itself be an
> internal matter rather than something for users to worry about?  If the
> user needs to adjust it, they'd need to discover the name of the function
> the trigger referred to, which may not be trivial.

Because CREATE OR REPLACE trigger has to take a heavy relation level
lock?  Because we don't have it? Because it'll allow to change things
that you really don't want to change?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: Triggers with DO functionality
Сообщение: Re: Triggers with DO functionality