Re: expanded mode is still broken

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: expanded mode is still broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> That said, it looks like it worked in 9.3.

Hmm, actually, no, it didn't.

sfrost@tamriel:~> psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 9.3.5
sfrost@tamriel:~> psql -d postgres
psql (9.3.5)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# \pset expanded
Expanded display is on.
postgres=# \pset border 3
Border style is 3.
postgres=# \l
List of databases
[ RECORD 1 ]-----+----------------------
| Name              | postgres              |
| Owner             | postgres              |
| Encoding          | UTF8                  |
| Collate           | en_US.UTF-8           |
| Ctype             | en_US.UTF-8           |
| Access privileges |                       |

I've found a few places where we don't treat border >= 2 as the same
border == 2 and if I'm able to make it work then I'll probably go ahead
and commit it, unless anyone objects, but if I run into trouble then
I'll probably just punt on it as I don't know that it really deserves a
lot of effort.

The way the documentation reads for 'border' is pretty terrible though,
in my view, so I'll take a pass at cleaning that up too.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Turning off HOT/Cleanup sometimes
Сообщение: Re: Turning off HOT/Cleanup sometimes