Re: pg_upgrade and epoch

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and epoch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 04:58:12PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 02:24:17AM +0100, Greg Stark wrote:
> >> I think the reason nobody's responding is because nobody has anything
> >> significant to add. It's a behavior change from not-working to
> >> working. Why wouldn't it be backpatched?
>
> > OK, Greg seems to be passionate about this.  Does anyone _object_ to my
> > back-patching the epoch preservation fix through 9.3.  Tom?
>
> Not I.  This is a data-loss bug fix, no?  Why would we not back-patch it?

Seems I was thinking of another pg_upgrade feature we decided not to
backpatch, though I can't find it now.

Backpatched through 9.3.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Suspicious check (src/backend/access/gin/gindatapage.c)
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Optimization for updating foreign tables in Postgres FDW