Re: RLS Design

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: RLS Design
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

* Brightwell, Adam (adam.brightwell@crunchydatasolutions.com) wrote:
> Attached is a updated patch taking into account the recommendations
> provided.

  Alright, attached is a patch which I've been over in a great deal more
  detail, as we seem to have moved beyond grammar and simple
  functionality.  It's been much reworked and improved (particularly in
  rewrite/rowsecurity.c, but also commands/policy.c).  Other
  improvements of note (not including the improvements made and
  mentioned by Adam previously):

  Lots of additional comments around what's happening
  Improved SGML documentation
  Better \d and \dp support
  Explicit function for check row-security requirements
  Correct handling for views run under policies
  Simplified changes to copy.c
  Use normal DROP and RENAME processes (eg: DropStmt and friends)
  Default-deny policy implementation, and regression tests
  Handle sub-queries in WITH CHECK
  Avoid duplicate policy application
  Corrected plancache invalidation
  Improved and additional regression tests
  tab completion

  This addresses all of the comments brought up previously, as far as
  I'm aware, along with quite a few other issues which I found while
  doing my review and rework.

  As always- testing, reviews, comments are welcome.  We've done a fair
  bit of testing internally, but it's great to see how others are
  imaginging and trying to use new capabilities like these- especially
  if they run into any problems! :)

  This took quite a bit longer than I had expected, but I think the
  rework, review and additional testing was well worth it.

  I'm planning to break from this for a few days and resume helping with
  the commitfest more-or-less full-time until I have to head out for
  PostgresOpen.

      Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #10823: Better REINDEX syntax.
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #10823: Better REINDEX syntax.