Re: Spinlocks and compiler/memory barriers

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Spinlocks and compiler/memory barriers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-09-09 13:52:40 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I had forgotten that it needed an update.  Thanks for the reminder.  Here's v2.

I've attached a incremental patch fixing minor gripes. Other than that I
think you can go ahead with this once the buildfarm accepts the sparc
fixes (man, those machines are slow. spoonbill apparently takes ~5h for
one run).

I've done a read through s_lock.h and the only remaining potential issue
that I see is that I have no idea if unixware's tas() is actually a safe
compiler barrier (it is a memory barrier). And I really, really can't
make myself care.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)