Re: [Fwd: Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop]

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Given we already have three topics for --help and I can see others I
went with my --help= proposal.

On 2014-08-28 13:20:07 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> Some stuff I changed:
> * I rephrased the sgml changes
> * s/Printing options/Display options/. Or maybe "Display influencing
>   variables"? That makes it clearer why they're listed under
>   --help-variables.
> * I added \? commands as an alias for a plain \?
>   That way the scheme can sensibly be expanded.
> * I renamed help_variables() to be inline with the surrounding functions.

I integrated all those ontop of your help-variables-12.patch.

Then I:
* re-added psql -i which you, probably accidentally, removed
* rephrased the sgml stuff
* removed the "Report bugs to " from helpVariables()
* Changed things so that both --help and \? support "commands",
  "options" and "variables" as help topics
* fixed things so that --help=wrongoption returns a proper exit code
  again

I attached both the full and the incremental diff. I'd appreciate
somebody looking over the the docs...

I plan to push this soon.

Greetings,

Andres Freund