Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dinesh Bhandary wrote:
> Hi Alvaro,
>
> I was killing to reproduce the bug.Once it is fixed we have no need to
> kill these jobs.
> Now we still have this production server not running in auto vacuum till
> we apply the fix during next maintenance window. Is running vacuum
> manually safe, or we may run into the same issue as auto vacuum tx
> wraparound job?  I am thinking max_freeze set to 500 million, manual
> vacuum won¹t freeze xids, and it may be ok to run. But I am not completely
> sure and worried about the same issue happening in production even with
> manual vacuum. Please let me know.

Yes, that seems correct.  I think you're only running into
for-wraparound vacuums because the relfrozenxid for that table is above
the 200 millions that IIRC are the default for max_freeze_age.  You can
just set it to the maximum of 2000 million; the only downside is disk
space used by pg_clog and pg_multixact.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything
Сообщение: Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything