Re: WAL receive process dies

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: WAL receive process dies
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2014-08-29 13:04:43 -0700, Patrick Krecker wrote:
> Hi Craig -- Sorry for the late response, I've been tied up with some other
> things for the last day. Just to give some context, this is a machine that
> sits in our office and replicates from another read slave in production via
> a tunnel set up with spiped. The spiped tunnel is working and postgres is
> still stuck (it has been stuck since 8-25).
>
> The last moment that replication was working was  2014-08-25
> 22:06:05.03972. We have a table called replication_time with one column and
> one row that has a timestamp that is updated every second, so it's easy to
> tell the last time this machine was in sync with production.
>
> recovery.conf: http://pastie.org/private/dfmystgf0wxgtmahiita
> logs: http://pastie.org/private/qt1ixycayvdsxafrzj0l0q

The problem is this log entry:

2014-08-27 18:44:27 PDT ERROR:  requested starting point 175/28000000 is
ahead of the WAL flush position of this server 174/B76D16A8

That's the walreceiver connecting to the upstream node and askign for
wAL. Somehow the standby has gotten *considerably* ahead of the node
it's trying to receive WAL from.

Are you sure primary_conninfo / the spiped tunnel connects to the right
postgres instance? Did you possibly have a failover or something like that?

Greetings,

Andres Freund